Mikuni For Bultaco Sherpa

arun1664

I am asking on behalf of a mate who has a 350 Sherpa and has heard of a Mikuni conversion. Does anybody have any experiance of the change, what carb model it uses, what the jet sizes are and most importantly whether or not its worth bothering with ?

Thanks in advance, Mike

Edited by arun1664

Allens in Bingham Notts. tel 01949 836733 sell Mikunis and I think have the jet sizes for Sherpas so worth a try.

Can't speak from experience as to what difference it will make but a new Mikuni is sure to be an improvement on a used Bing or whatever is fitted at the moment, but by how much and whether it is a worthwhile mod I can't say.

Allens in Bingham Notts. tel 01949 836733 sell Mikunis and I think have the jet sizes for Sherpas so worth a try.

Can't speak from experience as to what difference it will make but a new Mikuni is sure to be an improvement on a used Bing or whatever is fitted at the moment, but by how much and whether it is a worthwhile mod I can't say.

I have successfully fitted a FLAT SLIDE Keihn carby to my M199A- same as that sold as an option on Sherco. It's a little complex, in that I had to have a machine shop add a larger rear spigot fitting(to match the airbox rubber) but that carby is capable of really fine tuning, and here in Oz jets are readily available and the carbs are cheaper than Mikunis.

If you want jetting details, post a response

• 2 weeks later...

back now. There may be some slight advantage with a mikuni but I would be sceptical if it is anything more than slight. the only problem with the bings is slide wear. If thats ok in the body and newish jetted standard and set lean on the float the carb is very sound and was never swapped at the time. Don't think fitting a mikuni will transform the bike because this just won't happen. If everything else is 100% and time is no object then I wouid give it a go, but is it spot on everywhere else?