Montesa 248 Coil Relocation.

chappo

Hi Larry,

Pm's checked, the GG carb won't fit without buying inlet rubbers etc, so saving the cash in case I decide on a flat side Oko carb to get her running right.

Going to set to next week with the inline plug checker and then working through and testing every component regardless of new old or refurbished, to find her issue.

Regards.

Dave.

Good luck Dave its the only way to go,

I just found out that the plug that was in my 247 has failed after about five hours! I was set to strip a perfectly good carb until I did one final check on the plug. I also spent about a month on my bantam going crazy checking everything, the bike eventually started first time from a battery and external coil? It was the magnets on the flywheel that were gubbed, just didnt create enough juice for the stator coil.The bike is so reliable now I have just kept the arrangement.

Cheers .

• Like 2

Thanks B40rt,

Tried everything, checked everything twice and all appears correct apart from the Amal carb.

So to all you followers, I've bitten the bullet and ordered a Mikuni replacement.

Hopefully fitting it this weekend .......................

Watch this space.

Dave.

• Like 2

Ok people, the wait is over.

The 248 is running like a dream .

The problem was two fold , firstly schoolboy error by myself, which is slightly embarrassing but I don't want anyone to make the same mistake. I put the clutch crankcase seal in the wrong way round, which seems a very minor issue but has dramatic effects. In my defence the old seals are slightly different to the new ones and I did put them in as I thought they should be but anyway that was one of the issues.

The other being a badly worn Amal.

Now just a case of getting her out for a long run to burn off all that oil she has drawn in.

Once again can I thank all the people on Trials Central for the advice.

Dave.

• Like 1