Majesty Yams

pitley

COOL...bistlu...a rider in Hereford!!..I dont believe it!

My folks live there, and I will be visiting them more often soon....so i hope you can let me know what comps. etc are happening there. would love to join in!

Good luck with the Majesty...nice bikes..hope you find a good 'un :D

How ya going stu. We got new club going in the county catering for older farts with brit and twinshock bikes and a few air cooled monos thrown in for good measure. We got a meet at bowley court near bodenham august bank holiday sunday, cracking twsh terrain. we hold a trial every other month on the last weekend of that month. keep a look out in TMX for the HEREFORDSHIRE CLASSIC TRIALS CLUB. Cheers :D

So much for the majesty! Been watching said item on a well known auction site, made a few bids, then asked a few questions about genuine bike V5 etc via e mail, no reply! The bike of what could be seen of it was a tip, needing some serious bucks throwing at it. bids crept to

Yes it looked a dog! just because it had a coffin tank was it a Majesty? I rode my sons 200 Majesty when he had his in the early 90's and was lovely bike to ride. So when a 250 Majesty was for sale locally I bought it, but I didn't like it, was too much of a handful for me. So I sold it without losing any money! I have since bought a TY175 which is so easy to ride, which I might convert to a Majesty with a Craig Mawlam frame, at a later date. :blink:

That Majesty has been on ebay twice before, the first time it didn't sell, the second time it did and I'm assuming the person who bought it then is the person selling it now. I'm sure it was around the

Cheers woody,that backs up my theory. You now its a piece of s**te when the seller cant reply. Any idea how many 250 majestys were built and from which year on? I got a tlr 250 which i ride in classic events & done a few ACU classic rounds on but fancy a change. Would you by any chnce be the rider of an MAR ossa? Cheers Andy..

:blink: YO Bistlu (off thread---picture didn't work then! Darn and its such a good likeness!!) Been drooling over Majesty bits on aforementioned site, still trying to drag wifey upstairs to look [should prob move pc out of baedroom may create more interest!!] :wall::D:hl:

Yes, I've ridden my MAR in the Classic series since it began back in late 80s although I've missed most of this and last years rounds through injury of one sort or another. Being a '75 bike it is generally by far the oldest twinshock in the series and being standard - at least the 310 is, the 250 has a reed valve - it isn't quite as competitive as the later bikes, some of which are now in a more capable spec than they were when new, so the gap just gets wider. So I'm currently getting a Majesty 340 ready and built to the way I like to ride to use in next years series, although hope to try it in Hillsborough event in October as one last shakedown. It's still a 'work in progress patchwork quilt job' at the moment but getting there.

If you're interested in a Majesty let me know and I can PM you the phone number of a mate of mine who has one to rebuild but probably won't get around to it so will sell it. It's a Godden framed model, one of the later ones, and is all there, just needs a good tidy. No idea what he wants for it but you can talk to him if you like.

Sounds good to me woody. Can you PM me the number of the majesty owner when you got a mo.Thanks. Did you ever ride the wye valley traders back in its twinshock hayday? I am a member of this club and waiting to do an OTC COC seminar in turn try get a NAT COC licence, in turn try get this trial back on the calender. Be a good ACU classic round dont ya think? CHEERS..