Trial For Trail And Freeride?

matthias87

I can understand the reasoning of using a trials bike rather than an x-ride or explorer, I've done a fair amount of trail riding on my sherco with a group others that generally involves tight trails but coming back to the vehicles is similar to a lot of your video.

I find that in general the lack of bulk of the bike lets you treat it like a downhill bike & you actually don't use the brakes much. Watching your video it looks like you're pretty good at not flat landing so frame breakage shouldn't be too much of a issue, I'm pretty sure that Julien DuPont uses Raga replica Gas Gas bikes which have a magnesium swingarm that is what breaks

Personally I'd stay away from 4 strokes as first thing that you'll get told to do is remove the restrictors in the exhaust which will annoy your neighbours, fuel range should be okay, we normally ride for up to 8 hours & can get away with only taking 2 litres of extra fuel with us although generally the Beta riders need to take double that due to smaller tanks & they do seem to use more

Depending on how much riding you do the maintenance is really air filter often, gearbox oil monthly & regrease the linkages at the same time

Thanks for all the good answers that keep coming in! :)

Maybe it doesn't have to be a Beta or a Honda then, as it seems like all the brands are of similar strength.

And yes, it's a 2-stroke I'm looking for. Seems like I don't have to be too worried about fuel range also, can bring som extra gas in the backpack for longer rides.

Someone mentioned the high speed stability. I'm aware that the steering geometry isn't the best for high speeds, but I will mostly be crusing along trials, not so fast, and just jump on all the fun things I can find. Not so much high speed riding.

I think the trial will be a really fun bike :)

Worth noting that the suspension on a trials bike is very different than on an Enduro. Here is an example of a friend of mine following me on my EC while I was trying to get a little speed out of my trials bike... Still not 100% sure what happened but pretty sure it wouldn't have happened if I was on my EC ;).