Bultaco Alpina 350

lms 6201

Have just brought home a 1974 alpina 350 (i am fairly sure , as it has a head that looks too small for the barrell) , what niche would this bike have filled ? got it started (BLOODY HELL !! the man said it hadn,t done much work he wasn,t lying , it,s got as much compression as my ty350) but haven,t ridden it yet so am not knowing what gearing is like , would it have been like a long distance trials bike perhaps? and i need one fork slider , one is perfect , one is cactus , thanks steve batkines bundaberg

Have just brought home a 1974 alpina 350 (i am fairly sure , as it has a head that looks too small for the barrell) ,  what niche would this bike have filled ? got it started (BLOODY HELL !! the man said it hadn,t done much work he wasn,t lying , it,s got as much compression as my ty350) but haven,t ridden it yet so am not knowing what gearing is like , would it have been like a long distance trials bike perhaps?  and i need one  fork slider  , one is perfect , one is cactus , thanks steve batkines bundaberg

Steve, is that Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia? Yes you are on the right track about the kicking it over compression. I have a M138 (350) Alpina which certainly warms you up kicking it over. If you are from this Bundy, there are well stocked Bultaco parts suppliers much closer than the UK ie Don and Marie Newell in Brisbane and Peter Schoene in Melbourne. Please reply if you want phone numbers.

Sorry if you are from a non-OZ Bundaberg.

From David Lahey, Gladstone (just up the road from the Bundaberg famous for Bundy Rum).

seeing as i own one and all

Me too, O gauge Hornby one !

sorry Andy,bit off topic this but had to ask!!

S.M.

that,s cool , mines a ( as close as i can estimate) 1938 , it has a blue box , the earlier model had a red box , , mine has been re wheeled (as per usual ) due to mazac impurities resulting in breakdown of the alloy , paint has been only touched up ,and is very nice , have just had the field and the armature rewound and a set of new gears cut and fitted up , but this time i have fitted a second reduction gear , (this gear is slightly smaller than the idler gear and is attached to it ,s face , there is just enough clearance to fit it , and gives so much more power with no top speed loss as the motor doesn,t bog down as much , i have a rake of 4 exley coaches it pulls travelling post office , resturant, sleeping , sitting , the whole train is about 6 feet long