Standard Vs Repsol, Is It Worth The Extra

tom675

I've got no complaints about the standard bike at all, and being honest I doubt I'd get anywhere near the best of either of the suspension options on offer. The 4rt's hold their prices extremely well for good reasons, and the choice between the Repsol and the standard bike for me was price and ability to know the difference between the two anyway.

• Like 1

Everyone to his own, but the SHOWA is better IMHO, tech are a cheap copy, good, but not as good as a SHOWA fork with 5 ml less oil and the showa's have a much plusher quality feel. The Repsols are worth the extra, if you can afford one, if not, the standard is a great bike and you'd be very happy with it, you could either fit a SHOWA rear, or buy an Ohlins, but then your getting closer to race rep money, most people would really like a race rep, because they look the DB's. They also easier to sell.

Look out for a used 14 Repsol if funds are a bit short and you really want one, but there like RHS at the moment. (I do know someone that is selling his 14 Repsol soon, if your interested).

• 2 weeks later...

Got to add something here.What level are you riding at ? Can you use the suspension to it's maximum effect ? If you can't justify it don't do it ,unless you just want to and there's nowt wrong with that . As far as resale goes some people want to offer £4100 for a mint 2014 bike thats been out 7 times and not neglected. If your bothered about re sale buy second hand because no matter what , your going to lose a grand to fifteen hundred quid. A dealer has a 2014 standard one for sale on the bikes for sale bit on here at £4700 ish and he will be making proffit there so what did he pay for it ? That will put you in the ball park .