1989/90 Air Cooled Gasgas

pierre66

Mick Andrews and Nigel Birkett did a test on one not too long ago in one of the classic bike magazines.That was the first time I,ve seen one and I really like the looks of it.I had a TY350 mono that I really liked,but I think the Gasser is a much better looking bike.I would wonder though if spares would be difficult to find.

Thanks all for taking the time to reply.

Here`s a couple of ebay links for the only two bikes I could find, don`t know how long the links will work for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAS-GAS-AIRE-AIRCOOLED-MONO-1989-/131341483525?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e948ffe05&nma=true&si=R9Pp1D935QFxoB%252FpJXN5rgsaSL0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trials-Bike-Gas-Gas-Air-Cooled-/191403703917?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2c908cbe6d&nma=true&si=R9Pp1D935QFxoB%252FpJXN5rgsaSL0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The second bike (seized crank, no barrel etc) is surely more spares than repairs. I was surprised at how much it went for.

The price the second bike fetched is probably as much a comment on spares availability as anything else.

You are probably right about that, though I did find the same bike for sale as a classified ad for £160!!!!

At that price I might have been willing to take a chance, if I`d known some engine parts are common with later models. (thanks baldilocks)

The missing barrel is still probably the biggest obstacle to getting that bike back running, you may never find one of those.

Nostalgia really is the key to the door of the bottomless money pit. If only my first trials bike had been a TY. ;)

Edited by pierre66
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...