Trial Motorcycle, Best Engine

alyrian

If its customization of an existing engine, then the question should be, to your customers "How big is your budget"? Air cooled or water cooled, engine capacity, steel, alloy or titanium, carburation or EFI. The combinations could be endless.

• Like 1

If you are talking about a purpose built engine design it would be Fantic. They had the first quick revving motor. The trials oriented engineering with the shift shaft high out of the way (Why no other manufacturer has done this is beyond me) and the friendly forward kicking.

I have to agree , I've rode them all , but the Fantic built motors starting with the 240 was a trials designed motor ... My 97 section is the last evolution of the initial concept we got to see and use .and it (IMHO) is better power wise than alot of new bikes I've tried . But I still like a proper 4RT too ..

Glenn

• Like 1

Alyrian, My apologies for a somewhat sarcastic reply in #11. If you had been a regular on the forum you would realise why and this is the reason andy made #3 also.

There are too many variables to have an all round best engine, different ones have different advantages. My favourite engines are 1979 Bultaco 325 and the Yamaha TY 250 engines fitted to the last of the air cooled monoshocks.

Alyrian, My apologies for a somewhat sarcastic reply in #11. If you had been a regular on the forum you would realise why and this is the reason andy made #3 also.

There are too many variables to have an all round best engine, different ones have different advantages. My favourite engines are 1979 Bultaco 325 and the Yamaha TY 250 engines fitted to the last of the air cooled monoshocks.

Good lord!