Swm ?

b40rt

Have a look at the swm at 13.11, not an engine I recognise, chains on the opposite side as is kickstart. Any ideas ?

(Ducman at 23.10 -Greeves at 27.52- Ecki at 28.19)

Edited by b40rt

What is that? It does say SWM on it but thats where the similarity ends I think? It has a lovely compact fuel tank/ airbox carb arrangement whatever it was though. I don't recognise the engine casings at all...

Looks like some nice sensible steady sections.

Edited by twinshock giles

Have allok at the swm at 13.11, not an engine I recognise, chains on the opposite side as is kickstart. Any ideas ?

At my 1st look I was sure it was a Rotax so googled up some Can-am images and the castings look the same but all the bits are in the wrong places. Even the pipe is on the opposite side from the other SWM's. Then I looked at SWM's, there are two with left chain. One is a 50cc trials, the other is a 350 street legal 4 stroke enduro. Why did you have to ask that question, I should have been to bed hours ago. Armstrong has left chain, right kicker and similar body work, not a Sachs motor, not like the other Rotax - carb of the rotax goes into the lower casing and is ducted to the rotary valve. Not a CR480R, not a yamaha, not a rokon.... AAaaaa!!!

• Like 1