Uk Vacation

garyt

My wife is planning a family trip to London, with a side trip to Edinburgh, in April. The Edinburgh journey will be to visit friends and will only last a few days. I don't imagine I'll have too much **free** time, but was wondering if there's anything trials related in the vicinity of either of these two locations that I ought to see. I'd be happy with just walking into a m/c shop that sold trials gear to take a break from the usual sightseeing.

If you are in Edinburgh on the 3rd and 4th April, 40 minutes on Easyjet would take you across to Belfast and 30 minutes down the road to Bangor you could see the Irish World Round. It might be a bit difficult explaining that wee diversion to the wife but you won't see much better trials action on your holiday. ;)

I would love to take in a World Round, but I don't think time will allow. Anything to do/see in Fort William that is trials related in April? Or is just basking in the ambiance of previous trials the best that I could expect?

I'm still hoping to find something in and around London or Edinburgh that I could break away for an hour or two, to see. I know that trials is small...but if I can't find something in these areas of the UK, then its smaller than I thought!

i will have the four regions ajoining london's trials fixtures soon

uk natiaonl clander is on here somewhere

we (Sidcup & DMCC - SE of london just off M25) have an expert trial on april 25th (don't know if your down south then)

Rabie ;)

I would love to take in a World Round, but I don't think time will allow. Anything to do/see in Fort William that is trials related in April? Or is just basking in the ambiance of previous trials the best that I could expect?

I'm still hoping to find something in and around London or Edinburgh that I could break away for an hour or two, to see. I know that trials is small...but if I can't find something in these areas of the UK, then its smaller than I thought!

Rather sample the ambiance in the lochaber hills than walk round a shop mate!!!!!! ;) If youve got dates you might be lucky and catch the Pollock in Kinlochleven ,popular precursor to the Scottish ,not sure of dates yet though

we (Sidcup & DMCC - SE of london just off M25) have an expert trial on april 25th (don't know if your down south then)

Rabie  ;)

Thanks Rabie for the info. I couldn't manage to locate the UK National schedule, but will keep looking. Is the venue for the event on the 25th within a short driving distance of London? I might be able to get my wife to divert her sightseeing plans, but only for only a few hours. I would like to take in an event if its close.

Gary T, click onto www.motorbiketrials.com and look-up the calender and you'll find that there is something going on each Sunday in the South East, also on the same site you can find a couple of trials dealers, one being "Intatrials" (down the M20 in Maidstone), and the other being "Stephens" in Bexleyheath, (which is virtually in London, they have just re-located there so there web-site may not be up to date yet !).

Gaff.

If youve got dates you might be lucky and catch the Pollock in Kinlochleven ,popular precursor to the Scottish ,not sure of dates yet though

;) April 11th, starting in Kinlochleven (south of Fort William).

There are a few National trials in Scotland in April. I've got dates and venues if you want them. :wacko: Dave

Dave- We're still working out our schedule. I only know that we'll be there in April, exact dates to be determined. If you could direct me to a schedule of events in Scotland, that would be very helpful.

Gaff-

Thanks for the tip and the link to motorbiketrials. Do you have biker-babes like that at all the motorcycle events? If so I might apply for a visa while I'm there.

ahahhahahahha

Bexleyheath are the club next to us and that their site......... ;)

UK nationals - http://www.motorcyclinggb.com/events/trinews/PDFS/2483.pdf

just got the dates for the locals round London (i haven't emailed them to Andy yet)

http://www.motorcyclinggb.co.uk/Clubs/PDFS/0323^1.pdf

yeh the date i mentioned is Junction 3 of the M25 - the moto way around London. you can see us (the 3/1 on the blue) on the map http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=5...000&coordsys=gb

(central London is top left of map)

for a local shop "Stevens and Stevens" is local (http://www.stevens-trials.co.uk/) , inspirit is a bit far for a tourist.

hope that helps

rabie :wacko: