Trials In China

toofasttim

Perhaps this information will be of interest .

Ryosuke Ikuno in Japan , at Traials Net Asia and questiontv has sent me the following links to trials in China ,

http://www.qcql.com/chinese/2005/race/5080707.htm

http://www.qcql.com/chinese/2005/race/5080704.htm

Poking around the above web site I found this link too ,

http://www.qcql.com/chinese/2005/race/2005jq_hl.htm

Which has links to other images of the same Aug 8 th trials event , of which the following link is the most interesting

http://www.qcql.com/chinese/2005/race/5080702.htm - several good images of demos in the parking lot

Or perhaps this link is the more interesting , ;-)

http://www.qcql.com/chinese/2005/race/5080706.htm

The first link has about 70 pictures of action in the sections , the second link has 20 images , mostly of the riders , and a few other images . Ikuno said the links where provided by a friend at the BetaShop in Hong Kong , Madison Motorcycle Intl Ltd.

I can't display Chines language characters on my PC , nor could I read them I if could . But it is said a picture is worth a thousand words . So fun to look at anyway . For those who can read it there appears to be links to other trials information there .

Ikuno indicated in his email that he will be attending an event in Hokkaido , then traveling to the WTC in Belgium & TDN and would be away from Japan during the rest of Sept .

best regards ,

David

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...:huh: great to see so much intersest still going on about China....bit off of a late response to all the gossip...have to excuse me...got no connection at home ...in fact no phone line what-so-ever.....

pretty primitively....spend all my $$ on spares for the bike.....

Yes David thats the event those links are showing, alot on our guys from HK....some great pics....hope all enjoy them.

Hi Worldtrialchamp, great to hear another rider in this neck of the woods...well almost.

Actualy theres not alot of riders in China.....the guys we know and I'm pretty sure they are the only ones ...have a team of about 8 riders....thay took part in this event. mainly they do shows around cities in China...anyway will drop you an email.

Hope they do start making trials bikes there, yes they just need the know-how, thought about doing it myself but need $$, will be intersting to see whats coming up as r2w...mentioned....looking forward to see....Mic ;):(:)

You may be seeing the first Asian trials bike since Japan became just a supplier of engines to be launched in italy in the next two weeks.

With Aprilia and Sherco both releasing new bikes over the next month it looks like interesting times.

Haven't got anything on this one !!! wacko: ....but OK.....have to put the feelers out, spy web cames, agents :( here....have to send Stu over the border....after a crash course in Chinese....have to make good use before he disapears back to UK !! :huh:

Well if we get anything will send it over....Mic :)

I reckon we should get the "bike killer" at HK trials club, to just knock one up out of spare parts in his shed MicT :):huh: ...know what I mean..and then get some spy shots of it, to show everyone on the web!! :(

Will have to try and do some investigation on this one mate..can't be left in the dark if there IS some big news on the horizon.

BILL..you dont mean Aprilia is making another trials bike do ya???...hope its not as scarey as my dads Gorilia Climber 280..which scares the life out of me!!!!!! ;):wall:

Are you guys serious, or is this just gossip about the company Aprilia making another trials bike?

I was at the local Honda dealer yesterday to pick up some packing for my muffler and noticed this bike, a 230 xr trail bike. The price on this machine was like 3600.00 bucks out the door, it was a 2005 model. My whole point is, I would like to see a Scorpa 125 4st copy at this price, I think China made could be possible. The Scorpa 125 4st does not look like anything super hard to knock off. I just feel a enexpensive machine would do the world of trials alot of good. I could see main stream moto dealers here in the states being able to afford having one of these bikes on the show room floor. This could very well be the solution to making motorcycle trials popular here in the US once again.

Back in the 70's we had 300 entries at are 30 acer farm at one fun event!

It's interesting to hear the chat about "Made in China" trials bikes. I bought a new Chinese tractor two years ago. Not a lawn tractor but a 65hp 4x4. It is a copy of a Fiat model made about 10 or 15 years ago. I did my research and the new tractor was only going to cost about the same as a 15 yr old Fiat with 8,000hrs up. Not only that, the company that made the tractor Shanghai Tractor & Engine Company (STEC) was 70% owner by Fiat Group and all New Holland tractors under 80hp were made in the same factory!!!! Scary thing is, the STEC logo is a blue oval just like Scorpa and Ford....oh I Hope that never happens!

The piont is, any of the major trials manufactures could set up shop in China and make bikes for about 1/3 of the price. You can be sure if someone doesn't soon someone else will do it and find away around EU trade barriers (ie. Bra War). One thing to be wary about with anything Chinese, they make shocking rubber and seals. I could just see a Scorpa 125 copy leaving a trail of oil on the rocks as it went through a section. I think I'll stick with the real thing this time, a chinese tractor is enough for me!

BJDownunder

Coming soon on TC and r2wtrials.com......pics and a story of yesterdays trials comp. in Hong Kong

A BIG thank you to Hong Kong Trials Club, for organising this competition/bbq in my honour as my leaving party.

I'm VERY flattered....had a GREAT day...and will always have very fond memories of trials in Hong Kong.

Its true...trials riders are the nicest people! :rolleyes::D