Evo Suspension Help

evo boy

Hello all really need some help. I've bought some heavier springs for Evo. Thought I would start with the rear so I have taken the rear shock off but can't seem to find out how to get the shock apart to change the spring?? And how would I go about changing the front spring one too.

Thanks

The front is quite easy just undo the clutch side cap on the front leg, be careful when you get to the last few threads to keep some pressure on the cap so as not to damage the threads, then just remove the 2 nylon spacers and the spring and drop in the new one, again be careful when rethreading the cap especially as the new spring will be harder to push down, (tip back off the tension allen bolt before undoing the cap)

I did change the rear spring on my EVO and I think it needs the threaded collar on the bottom of the shock spring to be removed so that the spring then slides off, some shocks also have a removable collar at the top with a slot in it, you then just need to loosen off the bottom collar enough allow the top one to be removed then the spring is removed from the top,

Go to http://www.beta-uk.com/index.php/downloads and download the manuals if you don't have them useful when pulling things apart and does show the front suspension breakdown but not the rear shock.

Steve,

Edited by vonhazza