06-07 Beta Rev 3 125 Problems

itstommmm

looking for some suggestions to get my beta rev 3 125 fixed. sometimes when i start up goes up to highest revs uncontrollably and only way to stop bike is put hand over end of exhaust. the bike also doesn't tick over when choke is off.

Sounds more a throttle cable issue. You should be able to hear the slide close all the way. It makes a distinct clunk. Not idling can be a blocked pilot circuit. Sounds as though a good carb clean is in order.

Sounds more a throttle cable issue. You should be able to hear the slide close all the way. It makes a distinct clunk. Not idling can be a blocked pilot circuit. Sounds as though a good carb clean is in order.

how could i know if there is a throttle cable issue

Hi, put your ear down by the carbie, roll on the throttle a bit and let go, you should hear the slide in the carbie hit bottom with a light clunk sound, if you here nothing check the routing of the cable. Make sure the outer cable is not hung up somewhere. If it's not hung up adjust the cable (slacken) until you hear that clunk in the carbie.

Cheers Taff