Monty 315R Rear Brake

qwin456

Hello.

I was out on my 2000 315r today and the back wheel suddenly locked up, stopped and looked and the rear disc guard was on fire! After some swearing at and stamping on the fire i had a look and the brake had seized, everything was red hot and all plastic parts had melted =( so.. I have taken the brake apart and need to replace seals and pistons but i seem to have 31mm pistons and all i can find is 32mm, anyone with know where i can get them from ?

secondly, any idea why it happened in the first place ?

Thanks

Chris

I have not changed anything on the bike for a while, just happened out the blue today. I was riding around a flat field, popping wheelies then the back brake locked up, i had a look and the pads where glowing red hot and the brake pedal wouldn't move. I let it cool down and the pedal came back to life, took the pads out and they were badly warped. got home took the calliper apart and the seals have melted.

I suspect what has happened is that the brake must have been ever so slightly binding, super heated the pads/calliper and the pistons expanded and seized. but why it happened i have no idea ?

yeah i am in west Sussex.

cheers