Brake Disk

crazybond700

Hello,

Having a bike here (txt edition) haveing some problems with the front brake. Cant find issues with caliper and has new blocks (allready used for a couple of times). The brake seems to not want to grip that much, and feels not good. Disk looks almost new, maybe the old owner did replace, i dont know.

Can a disk be too smooth? We already tried just to run them in, but the problem looks to get worse instead of better. Maybe a common problem?

Thanks in advance.

You say the disc is like new, but is it straight? I.e. Not ridged or curved,

If you fit new pads to a ridged disc, it can take a while until the new pads bed into the shape of the old disc!

If it is really flat then it's not that.

Does the lever pull far back? Could be air in the system, needs bleeding (should be done every two years anyway) so try that, because if a previous owner had done something and not bled it correct, that will give you poor brake effort!

Allready tried:

Replace pads and brake them in

Clean disk, sand it

Bleed system, it does not feel that spongy

Caliper does not leek or shows signs of wear, rust or anything, maybe too clean. Did the old owner take it apart? and wrong?

Its not brake totally bad, but just not as good as it should be. Only noticable during riding.

Well, had another bike standing, and switched some parts. Brake disk was not the problem, so it should be in the master cilinder or caliper. Solver for now, still need to repair the oldsystem some time though.

Apparently i was wrong! Lol. Thanks anyways

Edited by crazybond700