Jotagas Jetting

slik

Hello from Greece . Just bought a jotagas 300 , 2014 .

I would like to ask a standar jetting for the dellorto 26 carb ( main jet , pilot jet , needle .... )  , so i can adjust it .

It is not absolutely clear in low raves .

Thanks a lot , Stathis .

70/1 was what was recommended to me. Mine runs cleanly and i dont believe / have the confidence that oils have developed so much that 100/1 is safe. Oil , exhaust , air filters companies rely on the naive to pay their xmas bonus'.

Its common for some people to find that the bottom end isnt quite as clean as a gasser for instance. Its just the way it is. Try removing any heavy oiling from your air filter . That might help. 

The Keihn sorts it completely , but it also makes it quite a bit more powerful

Slik (Stathis) - I have a 2014 250 (NOT a 300) but here are my jet sizes for the Dellorto:

Main 120; Choke 60; Pilot 35; Needle valve 200, Needle D36, and slide 60 - if my eyesight is good enough.

I did fit Boyesen Dual Stage Reeds - had used Boyesens in other bikes and liked the results. So fitted them to my Jotagas.

In fitting the Boyesen Reeds I also dropped the needle by one clip and set the mixture screw accordingly.

After suggestion from Australian Distributor we have been running the Champion RCJ8Y and after trying both the recommended NGK BPMR6Y and the Champion and swapping between them, am confident that the Champion does make a difference in making the response crisper in that just off idle gentle twist of the throttle. After telecat (on the forums here) suggestion, I have opened up the plug gap to 0.93mm. I think this does make a slight difference. I am going to try an NGK BPMR6Y plug  with the grooved centre electrode - just because I thought I would.

I do run 100:1 using 98 Octane. I have a nice coffee coloured spark plug through the full range. I do like to give the bike a good run up a track at end of practice or a trial to reduce build up of residue oil in exhaust and clean the plug of any soot - particularly if practice is lots of just off idle riding - or maybe I just like a good blast.

I use the No-Toil air cleaner oil system which not only makes cleaning the air filter easy (and therefore no excuse for not cleaning it very regularly) but also easy to work with to get a nice even oil spread through the filter and not over oil the filter.

Mine runs crisp and no longer has the slight fluttery feeling just off idle.

It is a great bike and very happy with it.

Thanks for all that information Peterh !

i also have a coffee coloured spark plug , but i am not  fully contented .

The previous owner made some changes to the carb . I have to find them and fix it ( pulled out the main get ,  says 105 and i messured it and its 140 ! , so i changed it with a 120 ) .)

I wiil try buy the Boyesen Reeds and try the Chapion plug .

I also like to clean the air filter after every ride .

I love the bike too . My bigger problem is that i broke my toe and now i have to wait 3 weeks before i can ride again .

So now its an opportunity to set the bike  !

Sorry for my bad english .....

• 7 years later...