Any Sherco Riders From/near Leeds?

trial_master

hi.

Is there anyone who will be at Bumpy this coming weekend 24/25 september?

Or is there anywhere else locally to west leeds that someone will be riding at?

Because i would apprechiate it if some one who knows a bit about the sherco 290 would take a look/have a ride on my bike, to basically check it out for me. As i am a complete novice and am getting paranoid of all the noises coming from the engine, particualary a knocking sound! could this be the bottom end on its way out?

Cheers

Ryan

Dont know if I can help, wont be at bumpy this weekend ( dont know whats happening there ) will be at post hill on sat for west leeds trial, if you can make it there I will have a look for you and should be able to identify what the noises are (depends on year of bike but some shercos used to chew main bearings) jeff

Thanks for the replys, my bike is a 2002 (i think, but it has 2003 graphics)

This is start of frame number VNBS129TR2

I will try to get down to post hill, i know i wont be able to ride there as im not a member of a club YET!, but would some one who has the same bike be able to take it for a spin and let me know what is wrong with it, if anything at all?

secondly, how do i get into post hill, will the gat by wickes be open? where do i go when i get inside?

Thanks

Ryan

PS will anyone else be going to Bumpy this weekend?

YES GATE NEAR WICKES WILL BE OPEN FROM ABOUT 11 AM SHOULD BE PLENTY OF SHERCO RIDERS THERE WETHER THERE WILL BE ANY 02 SHERCO RIDERS I CANT SAY BUT ENOUGH LADS WITH GOOD MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE TO DO A REASONABLE DIAGNOSIS FOR YOU. PS IF I AM WELL INFORMED THE 02,S DID HAVE MAINS PROBS BUT DEPENDS ON WHAT TYPE OF NOISE ITS MAKING IF ITS KNOCKING ITS MORE LIKELY TO BE A CASE OF LOTS OF PISTON SLAP OR THE BIG END WORN HOPE THIS HELPS.

JEFF