Bonanza Trial, Pricing It's Self To Death ?

bezaboy

.... and no road trial.

I agree that £25 for a closed circuit trial is a lot, but that's only a fiver more than the Euro Cups trial run by Golden Valley next weekend. The way I look at it that I pay a fiver for more to ride alongside British bikes and if that helps keep the British bikes out there, what's a fiver.

But then the Bath Classic trials are £15 a pop.

I do think that if you enter the trial for should get free entry to watch the scramble on the Sunday, having to pay an extra tenner is taking the biscuit a little.

I was happy to pay £25 for the road trial that was cancelled,but looking around the trial yesterday there is no way I would have been happy to have paid the same for 3 laps of 10. The B route looked OK, but the A route in places was just stupid,seeing very skilled,well known and respected riders having 5 after 5 did not make for good viewing.

Sadly not in the same league as the last Bonanza road trial I did 2 years ago - that really was an excellent day out.

I did catch up with a couple of riders who I didn't recognise on very nice rigids, who happily told me they only ride there and the Talmag. There are others who probably only ride the Arbuthnot or the Talmag etc,one ride a year. Its those riders who we need to entice out,by personal invitation I think, to ride other events with suitable sections, not aimed at the recent Cubs / James etc - which are often better than an original 70/80's twinshock from Spain or Japan.