Rtl250 Ignition Coil Replacement

jj65

I need to replace the ignition coil on a 88 RTL, the original part is no longer available from Honda, but there are plenty of other Honda ones with a part no. 30500-. Can someone help with any info on a suitable replacement please.

I have been told that coils aren't necessarily model specific and if I can find one with the same mounting point and size, it will work depending on whether its 6v or 12v. I'm assuming an RTL is probably 6v, but any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I really thought that England was the homeland of the trial and Trials Central the main representative forum.

But the number of participants is very poor, where are the owners of RTL and another Honda ? how sad pfffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Franck.

Do you have a suggestion to the question Frank, if so, please share, as obviously there hasn't been one yet.

Get it repaired by Westcoast winding maybe the answer, if that's possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Has this been sorted now?

Its not something I've had an issue with on my RTL but I know westcountry windings have been fantastic at helping me over the years with the coil on my track bikes. certainly worth a call.