O4 280 Pro?

sam

I'm thinking hard about going from a 03 Mont to a 04 280 PRO, would this be a good year to go with, did they sort out PRO problems?

I rode a 03 PRO 280 once and the machine seemed very light and nimble! Maybe 15lbs. lighter than the Mont.

So, I may pick up a Pro this fall because they are plentiful right now, and it will be my first gasser.

suggetions would be appreciated.

sam :rolleyes:

2004 was a good year for the pro :rolleyes:

My 300 been out every wkend since april 2004, done road trials on it & everything and there is not a rattle coming from it, still sounds superb.

you just got to realize they need a lot more tlc than a mont!! but its been 100% reliable, hav'nt had to spend money on it

my advice from coming off a mont to a 280 would be to put a slow action twistgrip on it and possibly at some point put a flywheel weight on it.

from owning a 2000 mont in the past, i've always found the gassers grip just as well, if not better. they're years in front of anything else, so, it will be a good move! :D

I would try a 300 first, just in case.

I borrowed one at late notice for one of the Novogar rounds earlier this year. First time on it, it just felt so easy to ride. My best ride of the year so far. Absolutely loved it.

Just had a go of the same bike a few days ago, and my view's not changed. Despite my problems with the 2002 Pro, I could be tempted by a 300. So much torque, perfect low end power.

What have you got Gasserboy, 250 or 280? Cos that was bloody horrible when I rode that :lol:

I'm not being too cruel there, it's horses for courses, and the 300 was his too (his dads).

Yeah ive Had a 250 in 04, and a 280 for 05 but stole my dads 300 after having ago on it. Im definatly going to get a 300 next year! The bike is so smooth yet is a pokey as a 280. The 280 is defiantly sharper. My advice would be the same as BS try the 300 and you will love it. Even BS beat me on it :lol: so it must say summit bout the bike huh bs :lol: