Bleeding Brakes

malcolm

I am struggling to bleed the front brake on my sons beta evo 125 (2013) after removing all the old brake fluid. I have tried bleeding from the bottom up, and from the top down. the brake works (just) but there is not a solid feel when pulling on the brake lever. I think there is air trapped in the calliper but I can't seem to remove it. Any ideas? Cheers

Check your lever adjustment to make sure its not pushing in on the master cylinder piston.

Had a simular experience when rebuilding calipers and front master on my Evo. Two full days of pushing fluid through the system produced only a slight bit of pressure at the lever.

I finally decided to strip everything down again and when I started to remove the lever from the master, the piston extended a bit more and I saw a bubble come through the resevoir. Boom, full pressure.

It was surprising that the new piston stuck in the master but it was probably due to pumping with no pressure.