Rear Rubber

ham2

:P Nearly time for a new rear tyre so does anyone have a specific recommendation ?

Which make..Michelin- Dunlop- IRC-..etc.

Whats the best for grip / cost/ wear/ puncture resistance/ rim deflection :lol: ( ooh err!)....etc.

All input welcome .Ta !

They are all really good in my opinion. The dunlop 803s are really soft though. They wore out much faster than my old 801s. And I didn't notice much in increased grip. I think I'll try to get some 801s...

But Michelins are fine, about average in all areas. Though be careful when you are breaking them in. I have punctured one before by doing some big stuff right off the bat. :P The tire was only an hour old. Sigh. But I'vehad michelins on all my GGs and they seem fine, except for that one tire.

Never tried IRCs.

Michelins work better on the dry stuff such as mega traction rocks. They mould better and get fantastic grip, while the IRC's don't seem to stick as well, but the IRC's hook up better in in the slick and mucky stuff. I think they are about the same as far as flats. If you run either of them with too low of pressure you can get sidewall pinches. The michelins are a little more expensive than the IRC's, at least here in the states.

Edited by Ridgrunr

:P On the same subject ..I've heard that you shouldn't use an IRC tyre at an ACU trial because the ACU handbook stipulates that the rear tyre should have a 1:1 aspect ratio ( sidewall ), which the IRC does not..I beleive it sits lower to the rim? can anyone confirm this urban rumour? :lol: