2015 Beta 300 Or 2015 Sherco 300

monkeynuts

Whichever brand you feel the best on.All the above points about the Beta are true and is the head over heart buy,but only if it suits you .Youve got to try them both in some sections,do you know anyone who would let you do that?Its very easy to buy the wrong one and regret it,I think most of us have at least once

I've never ridden a Beta. But I have heard from some trustworthy folks in trials that they are excellent machines. When I was bike shopping I spoke with two dealers that sold Beta, Sherco and GG. Both recommended Beta presumably because they are the better bike in their view. Have to admit too- they sure look great IMO.

Edited by fivebrick

Betas tend to be more front heavy than other bikes. They are good machines but so are the other brands. They all have their peccadillos. With Betas its the trigger coil on stators on bikes before they went to Hall effect sensors, corroding water pump housings, cracked frames on the '09 EVOs, piddly carbs on bikes with Mikunis, Sticky clutches and most recently leaky rear rims when fitted with IRC or Dunlop tires.

One thing I like about Beta owners is that when something is screwy they nod their heads and say, Yup, we've seen it. Here's how you fix it." I've noticed a tendency with owners of some other brands to have a bit more of a fanboy attitude and deny there's a problem or blame the owner for using the "wrong technique" and causing breakage.

As for looks, I've owned a lot of Betas but I still think the Shercos are amazing looking bikes.