Ty 250 Majesty Rear Shock Length

aldy13

Jon v8,how do you like your converted frame compared to when it was original?

I didn't ride it much after I did the conversion as I had done a deal to swap it for a BSA C15.(With another forum member) it felt fine,I was originally going to do it so I had an original TY and a Majesty to compare side by side.This didn't happen,as my standard Rat TY250 wasn't dug out of the cobwebs until the Majesty had gone... I still have enough bits around to build another,but its unlikely as my interests are more towards Pre65 now.

I wanted to understand how Mick and John had done their conversion and having an original Majesty frame in for repair gave me the perfect opportunity to make the jig and find out.Its quite subtle in some respects and I see plenty of replicas that are not at all accurate - not that it matters to most. I think the Majesty is better for more difficult twinshock stuff at a higher level than ordinary club level,the extra ground clearance will help. But for ordinary club trials I don't think there is much advantage,I still think a standard TY250 is one of the best all round twinshocks. I think there is also an element of the look of the Majesty,I think they look great,especially with the slimline Holtworks tank like the one I bought.If I did another I would do the frame silver and have grey guards,finished off with a fabricated alloy side panel. 

• Like 1