I Need Some Trial Advice

daibosatsu

Hello guys,

I'm new to trial, and just got a 95 techno 250 :D I have looked around and see the premix for most trial are 80:1, I'm running like 60:1  or even 50:1. Is that OK with the bike?

And for some reason, I feel like the bike doesn't got jetted right. On first to may be 3rd gear, bike seems boggy and rev out fast. But on 4th on, it runs perfect (I even flipped it while trying). So is it common for that feel on the bike? And for obstacles (around 1meter high), which gear will you use to jump on it? I know I should select the right gear, but what's the right gear :D:D?

Best regards,

Dan

Dan`s clutch fix is for dragging, not worn plates.

Maybe they are glazed, that could induce slip. The first thing involved in the fix is inspection of the plates.

I would pull the clutch pack to have a look.

Edited by slicktop

To answer the rest of your questions. The early `95`s came with Del Orto carbs which were hard to jet, the later ones with mikuni`s. The Techno`s had a very low first gear, I usaually rode everything in second.

Hmm I feel that also. But I also think it's a little bit rich, will try to rejet after I back home from business. I have a friend who ride an Aprilia RS 125 and also use Del'orto, he can help me with tunning the carb :) And I got a ktm 380 carb problem also ;( dang!