Wasp Cub

toofasttim

Hi Tim

Wasp produced solo frame kits during the late 1960's/early 70's that were modified to suit the customers motor. I have had Wasp framed Bultacos in the past, but to answer your question, I dont think any of them were made pre 1965.

Whether that makes them any different to the Armac, Hardy, Otter or other trick frames, is an entirely different question!

Martin

There is no such thing as a Cub trials frame only a modified road frame and to make these suitable for trials use much work needs to be carried out so surely this means that they are no longer a std machine.

All of this work is centered around making enough space for a 4.00 X 18 rear tyre and getting the required chain clearance.

I am not familiar with the Hardy frame nor have I seen an Otter Cub but the Armac parts frame/rearframe & swing arm are all interchangeable with the std Cub so I do not see what the fuss is about as many bigger bikes are built around a replica frame.