Broken Rear Brake Hydraulic Line

ridgrunr

Be careful guys if you pull the rear shock and let the swing arm drop down.  There is not an awful lot of slack available in the rear hydraulic brake line, and it will pull out of the banjo fitting on the top of the rear brake master cylinder.  I learned the hard way.  What was worse is that the U.S. Scorpa importer tells my parts dealer says he doesn't stock that part.  What's with that?   It's like the same line they used on almost ten years of the SY/SR models.   Went on line and found http://trialstribulations.net/and found one in their catalog.  Got it ordered.  Now just have to see how long it takes to get from England to the U.S.!  

Edited by ridgrunr
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I managed to break mine line even after reading this post.  I found a 50cm braided universal brake line off ebay works.  It didn't have the right angle banjo like the original so I compensated with a little extra length.  Not quite a protected as the original but if you on a budget like me, $11 shipped is worth the risk.  It took 9 days to come from China.

Thanks s.e. lucas.  That's a great resource.  Looks like one for a Scorpa would be about $59 bucks.

I'll remember the Tryals Shop next time.  The hose I ordered from Trials and Tribulations took ten days from England to Utah.  Not too bad.  I was just glad they had one. 

Keep the parts sources and ideas coming.  I love my "old"  bikes (08 Scorpa SY250R and 02 Monesa 315R and 1985 Honda V65 Sabre) .  This idea of planned obsolescence really gets to me.

Edited by ridgrunr
  • Like 1