Sidecar Trials

kevin j

Cool. :)

I haven't heard of any events, but I can say I've been the "monkey" on a Fantic 200 trials sidecar. That was scary, fun, and awesome all at the same time. :beer:

LOL back a few years, as if Trials didnt have the 'golf clothes' image, they came out with sidecar trials...

The whole time (mind you Im one big advocate about trials, try like heck to do things to get people interested, in a big way...) I was a thinking, You cannot get 2 trials riders to agree "exactly" on how to even ride a section, yet this {new} sport and the people behind it, thought "hell put 2 of us 'wierd bike' riding-goobs, on more-less one bike..." the other thought, "oh yeah, sell em like hotcakes" :(

NOT

ROFLMAO... They tried Sidecar-Arenacross, before that too didnt they? :o

oh well it could been fun I guess, maybe I sold it short?

i've not heard of any sidecar trials in US but here in UK there is a strong following. The 10 round british Championship gets approx 30 crews per event with about 8 people on the expert course and 25 on the clubman route.

Heres a picture of my current bike.

Anyone else have a problem seeing the whole of the Sidehack photo? I'm just getting the top half showing the unusual Sherco blue water pump!

Curious about that double grip on the clutch side of the bars ..is that a special Renthal Morewood bend?

i've not heard of any sidecar trials in US but here in UK there is a strong following. The 10 round british Championship gets approx 30 crews per event with about 8 people on the expert course and 25 on the clubman route.

Heres a picture of my current bike.

So in the whole of the UK there is a regular entry of 8 crews for a British Championship?

8 Championship course and 25 clubman course, thats an average of 66 competitors at each round! Quite a healthy series dont you think?

Whilst all the solo boys are tucked up un bed the night before a champ round, the sidecar lads are all in the boozer having a laugh!

Edited by Rowly

Here's the photo again for those having problems.

Why Bother?

Because it's great fun and as Rowly says the sidecar brigade have a lot of fun both in the event and before / after.

The Handlebars!

Nothing special. Standard Dominos. The clutch lever is just positioned as close to the bend as possable and then two grips are added. Under normal riding conditions I position my hand as normal near the end of the bar but when it's a sidecar low camber it allows me to slide my hand across towards the bike so I can lean out more.