Yes Or No ?

craigrushton

If fi can work at very very low rpm just as a 2 stroke takes its last gasp then every make would have fi. It doesnt. They dont.

Plus you need power for it to work and there are pages and pages on here about that.

So in balance fi is good, but its not perfect yet. Carbs are good too.

The OSSA runs better top to bottom then any bike I've ever owned or ridden in the last 48 years of riding.

No issue with power, although the early ones without Easystart were finicky. Probably better with a larger batt.

It works very, very well. Could it be better ? Certainly.

Wait... I forgot. OSSAs are crap and the worst bike ever made.

WHat was I thinking?

It's proven many times over that a well designed and mapped FI is superior to any fiddly carb in existance (ask ANY high-end race machine designer or race mechanic (only a village mechanic will tell you carb is superior)). Why the other manufacturers dont use it is a simple case of experience. They have none. FI needs a lot of work at the beginning to get things right for the speciefic engine, most manufacturers just dont have the balls to make a move from that smelly carb they are too used to and it does work satisfactory for them.

With FI you can make it work brilliant.

True, OSSAs FI isn't perfect either (a system w/o battery do doubt will have starting issues), but TRi is known to be the smoothest pulling and most predictable 2T trials bike engine currently around. Its not because reverse cylinder, its because they have invested a lot of time making a well mapped FI for it.

Edited by tsiklonaut
  • Like 3

Chris is doing rather well on his TR300i. The major Plus point is that the engine, once warm, runs the same at the start of a trial as at the end. As for computers I have a Surface Pro3 and 4 as well as a few Laptops available to me. Haven't really needed them yet though.

Yea, strange that, the more crap the bike (say some) the better you ride it. It must be a fluke, anyone that has a rubbish ossa, always seems to ride well??

What's that saying? It must be I'm lucky, the more I ride it the luckier I become.....??

tsiklonaut, where did you get your cable kit from ? 

Got from Joa Hindren. He's official OSSA, Scorpa & Vertigo dealer in Northern Europe. Joa is a very knowlegable person about OSSAs and I've got everything I've ever required from him.

• Like 1