New Beta

jjwhite

just seen the new 2006 beta yesterday, looks great i suppose, if you can really change te look dramatically on the same bike. the thing that suprised me is that the plastices are matt black, from pictures i thought they were going to be silver again with different stickers. the headlamp, unbelievable, looks even worse that before, i think they must have been watching a documentary on the stealth fighter jet when they designed it.

but in general it does seem to be the same old beta with a few new stickers.

ALL of the 2006 bikes are pretty much the same as last years apart from colours and graphics. And altered porting. And ignition timing. And suspension spring rates and valving. And weight distribution. And steering/frame geometry. And....

Trials bikes evolve. The last revolution in trials was the 4RT (and to a lesser extent, Sherco 3.2) and they were the first "big news" for quite some time. This approach is sensible - develop a new model and spend the next several years refining it. If there was no noticable improvement year on year, why bother buying a new bike?

FWIW, I agree with you on the '06 Beta's headlight but to say that it's the "same old Beta with a few new stickers" is just daft. The same goes for all the '06 models - you might not be able to see the improvements but that doesn't mean they're not there.

I like Beta and will be buying another new one soon, but what ticks me off is when they do stupid things like the custom Beta brake and clutch levers. Apparantly, if you bend or break one you can only buy replacements from Beta. You can't use an AJP or other aftermarket lever and worse yet the Beta levers cost substantially more. Yeh! its great for Beta, but it sucks for the customer. Its bad enough bikes are expensive, now they are trying to find ways to soak us on parts.

saw the new beta today. looks great but im still sticking with a gasser as the beta 125 still doesnt have any power at all and when i had a go on my mates as lloyd says when you aproach a large step you have to rev the b****** off the thing but when you do it just splutters just where you need the power. but i have been told that you can ask the dealer or john lampkin to rejet it for you for a small cost but it should be sorted out at the factory :D<_<:crying::crying:

Edited by north_yorkshire_lad

has the new bike got the rear mudguard that tails off into a point, like shown in the first pictures released, or did they stick with the more conventional shape? Also does anyone know if the spec. for the 200 has changed any?

Ta.