Beta Techno 352?

glynn

Hi, recently we bought what was sold as a Beta 250, it had just had a top end rebuild but had a rough bottom end, after putting the top end on a spare bottom end we bought the piston looked very big for a 250, compared to my Gas Gas 200 piston it was huge. After riding the bike for a while it appeared very quick for a 250, and after todays ride while washing the bike off we noticed the barrel was stamped "352" after doing some research some websites say there was a 350 in 1997, our bike is a 97, however some say the 250 was the biggest. Any info would be great.

The 250 piston was 72.5mm. Beta did not have a bigger piston till early 1998. The early `98`s were all 250`s. They were late having the bigger top end and sent it out `free` to those that had ordered the 280. I was lucky enough to get one.

Edited by lineaway

From an article on the net.

The Beta Techno has some championship success with a Britiain, Dougie Lampkin who won the number-one spot in the 1997 World Trials Championship on an Italian-made Beta Techno 250 that had been modified specifically for him. The Technos made for Lampkin, was increased to 272 cc, with an output of 30 hp. To suit his riding style, the engine has been shifted forward slightly from the standard placement, putting more weight on the front wheel.

• 7 years later...

Hello, recently my das best friend passed away and he give me and my dad his beta trail bike. I wanted to fix the bike to ride it, but I don't have any papers from the bike. my dad says it is a beta techno from 1996 or 1997. online i found a lot of photo's that look exactly like the one I got but they are all 250cc's and the one i got is a 352cc. I've searched every website, i have been to motoshops I asked a lot of motorcross guys but I can't find any information about the 352cc