Just Bought A Gasser! I've Got Some Questions.

jml

Hey all, just purchased a 2015 GasGas second hand and I've got some questions I'm struggling to find the answers too. 

1. Torque specs, do any more exist that what is in the manual?
  2. What is the stock distance the forks should protrude out of the top triple clamp? (the black portion)
  3. How simple is changing the oil in the forks? 

Thanks all!

Edited by jml

Hi!

1. For torque specs read http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/59522-anyone-save-jim-snell-repair-videos-no-longer-viewable/

2. Dont no, I always have like half a centimeter ish.

3. Not as simple as in older forks. Those have a closed cartridge system if i remember well. Which means its needs to be filled without air before inserting the parts.

Hey all, just purchased a 2015 GasGas second hand and I've got some questions I'm struggling to find the answers too. 

1. Torque specs, do any more exist that what is in the manual?
  2. What is the stock distance the forks should protrude out of the top triple clamp? (the black portion)
  3. How simple is changing the oil in the forks? 

Thanks all!

Hi jml, I see your in NSW, contact Paul Arnott from the Hell Team in Sydney, he will answer all your questions, he knows gassers better than most. Changing the oil in the right rebound leg can be a bit complex the 1st time. Paul had a step by step procedure of this somewhere on the net, can't find it at present.

Was your first Question, Why did I buy a Gas, Gas!!!!!!!????

I think apart from the terrible documentation and lack of torque settings for basic items, the bike itself on the outside is well thought out. Only time will tell I guess :)