Fork Service Question

scrat

Hi,

Working my way through refreshing a 2005 txt pro and need some advice on forks if possible?

Having done a bit of investigation I understand I need to prime the cartridges before assembly so they bleed properly?

I have both legs apart (top caps off and springs out)

Looking at vids online of later Marzocchis, the plug at the bottom of the cartridge comes out after it's depressed and the circlip holding it is removed.

Are the 2005 40mm forks the same?  The bottom aluminium plug doesn't seem to want to move at all after some gentle tapping and I don't want to force it in case the design is different.

I have searched the forum but can't find anything to clarify

Thanks

I would send you to Snell`s website, but seems to be some form of conflict. Too bad Gas Gas never published any good info on there own bikes. Come to think about it, Gas Gas would have failed much sooner if it weren`t for the internet and great sites such as this!

Those forks are still serviceable ''the easy way''.

I would suggest taking them appart fully. So take the bold on the bottom out, and you can take out the whole insert. IF you want to change the seals take out the innertube aswell and give it a good clean. Than put bake together in reverse order. Put in the innertube if you took it out, insert seal etc, put the insert in, bolt at the bottom, than you can start filling it, set the air chamber (pump the rod some times to take air out), put in the spring and screw on the toppart, screw in the top cap and done.

Edited by crazybond700