Mk1 Cota 349 Footpegs

monty349

Hi

I am considering changing the footpegs on my 1980 cota 349 to the more modern wider level style as I am finding myself slipping off the original angled pegs in the mud with my flat sole boots!

The original pegs are mounted on a lug which is brazed onto the frame so the S3 type pegs will not fit as they need to be open ended with a wider gap to fit either side of the lug, I don't really want to modify the frame so I was hoping someone out there may have some advice?

From what I have seen on this forum the later 349s and MH's with the later frame design have a different set up which allows the use of S3s or have they been modified?

I had a similar issue with my Cota 247. The frame has a U shaped bracket so you need a footrest with a single lug which fits inside the U. Race!ine do a trials footrest of such a design, sold by Motomerlin. Just needed to grind the underside of the rests slightly to adjust the angle they sit at. No need to alter the frame.

This resulted in having a bike with decent grippy footrests. Goodness knows how we used to manage with the original puny items with a mere dimpled surface to grip the boots.

Edited by cleanorbust