Tubeless Rear Rim On Ty175

doogle

I have an excel tubeless rim I wanted to use for my 175. It's the montesa type with the flange for the spokes to go in. I can't find anyone to build the wheel as no one can seem to source suitable spokes with the adjuster in the middle like a Mont. I am sure people have done this. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Dave

You would need custom made spokes, just on the hub side. It can be done. Just won`t be very cheap. You could use the stock Yamaha spokes on almost any Excel 36 hole rims or the old style tubeless 36 hole from a gas gas, etc.

I have a Akront rim to do the same using Beta outer spokes & the nipple. The problem I've come across is that the thread is M4 & none of the wheelbuilders I have asked were able to help

I did see that twinshock shop from memory said they did spokes for this but I couldn't justify the 200 pounds plus postage to this side of the world

Not 200+ for postage, 200 for the spoke set & whatever the postage ended up being. Would have been 500+ dollars before I even did anything to the wheel & that was just too much for me justify