Bike For A Small 8 Year Old?

kwackerzak

I rode trials from being a young age starting on a TY80 and progressing through the youth ranks and on to bigger bikes. I'm considering getting my son into the sport but not sure what bike would be suitable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you want gas powered and can find a TY80 they are great for kids.  Beta makes an 80 Sr with 21"/18" wheels that can be swaped with a little effort to the Beta 80 Jr with the small 19"/17" wheel set that work well for growing into a bike. 

My vote if you don't need the extra range of a gas bike is the OSET's, great reviews and not hard to work on or upgrade. 

• Like 1

Two schools of thought sure people will argue their case which is the beauty of opinion/experience. Petrol or Oset

Appreciate all the arguments for starting on small petrol, beta 80 with medium wheels may be too big still so there are the smaller autos

I went for the Oset 20r and think it was best choice, performance is excellent power way better than any of the 50 autos, certainly teaches throttle control. My son learned how to use a clutch after without problems. Did a bit of waterproofing as they don't like it in throttle or relay and went for lipo batteries. Now it lasts long enough.