Evo Soft Springs-Riser Bars?

lampshade

Morning all,

After a few years off racing endures iv decided to buy myself a trials bike to get out on and practice in the winter. Iv got a lovely little tidy beta 09 with a few trick bits and an arrow pipe.  Now the engine (250) seems smooth and pokey for my "large " frame shall we say, all 19 stone of it but the suspension is crazy soft which I expected as these things are setup and built for racing snakes.

Couple of questions,

Does anybody know what the heaviest springs are you can get (as I presume my weight will be well over them) and were to get them from at a good price.

And

Does anybody have these for sale that they don't use?

As im also tall at 6-4 im looking for some advice on some riser fat bars?

Great to be back in the trials scene,

Lampshade

• Like 1

Thanks all, Ordered springs front and rear from saunders and some risers from splat shop, going to go for a wobble around with the Scunthorpe club on Saturday. Are the springs just a case or taking the top caps off and exchanging them?

Morning, just a quick update.

I have purchased the heavy springs from saunders for front and rear...I was shocked that when I opened them up it only had one fork spring?

Is this correct?

I just assumed that there would be one for each fork?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Lampshade,

you've made the right choice getting these springs from Steve, I have both front and rear on my 09 250 evo and they certainly transform the bike for the heavier rider.

Don't panic only one side has a spring on the front forks (I'm sorry it's been so long I can,t remember which side has the spring!)

good luck :)

Yeah one fork spring. Don't go into the preload heavy either. The point of having the heavier springs is to go light on the preload so the suspension stays supple over the smaller bumps. For us Clydesdales it's a big improvement over the skinny guy springs. I also go 2 1/2 viscosity on the fork oil. Seems to work especially well when the weather gets cooler. I also have a custom shock adjusting tool. An 8mm swivel socket on a 1/4" screwdriver ratchet thingy. Oh and you'll need a long thin screwdriver to get to the mixture adjust. I usually just buy a handful of cheapo thin flat blades and grind them round on the corners to fit the carb screw. Why a handful? Cuz you're gonna lose them. Leave 'em on the trailer, loan 'em to friends, lose 'em in the car, stick 'em in the ground after adjusting the bike....

Edited by dan williams