Rear wheel spacers

jsp

This not a wind up but i find 2 tea spoons work well good shape to leaver the spacer  out "being curved" as were a screw driver being straight  .Put grease on spacer before re fitting  as said  , this ive done with all my bikes  not had a vertigo though !

Edited by on it

Hi jsp, I have not needed to remove the Vertigo's wheel bearings yet, we always re-pack the wheel bearings from new with waterproof grease but on other bikes like GG, Ossa and JGAS I turn up a drift to a slide fit inside the bearing ID which fits up against the stepped inner sleeve. After heating the bearing housing with boiling water, tap the drift which then knocks out the bearing, use boiling water on the housing to re-fit a new re-packed bearing. Some hubs have a loose sleeve which is not spigoted into the bearings, these can be a bit more problematic, especially if there is no available movement.

Bye, Peter B.

Right I’ve got the spacers out and on my main wheel the bearings where ok just lubed them up and popped the spacers back in, now on my spare wheel one bearing wasn’t bad but the other one was shot so I’ve put some new bearings in but I’ve noticed the ones I had in the garage where 6004rs and the ones that came out where 6004du does anyone know what are the differences are between them ??? 

• 3 months later...