Chain Guards

nubsey

I have just got a gas gas 125 for the grandson. I have been looking at the regulations, and it states that it must have a lanyard kill switch. That is no problem. But it also staes that it should have a chain guard. Well I have trolled the internet, and can find no specifications for them. The bike has a small guard by the front sprocket, and also a small guard on top of the chain. But is this enough. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE REGS ARE. i AM HOPING WHEN WE GET THE BIKE GOING TO TAKE HIM TO A LOCAL MEET, BUT WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO COME HOME BECAUSE HIS BIKE IS NOT UP TO SPEC. aLL THE BEST nUBSEY

PS  Sorry about the cap lock

You need the shark fin style guard that sits just in front of the rear sprocket at the bottom, the point where the chain and sprocket create a nice finger remover !

I think GasGas have always fitted one so even if yours is missing it should be easy to replace.

The ACU Standing Regulations for trials state that a chain guard should be fitted as per manufacturer's specification. Lots of bikes are used without the lower guard referred to above, desirable though they may be.

Mind you, the same regulations state that all machines should "have a helmet and suitable boots" !