Acu Licence Fee Too Cheap

atomant

Why is the licence fee for trials so cheap? I, like a few others are seriously demoralised by the lack of vision the ACU has in developing youth trials and I for one are sick at seeing lots of home grown talent going nowhere because there isn’t any funding available.

The decision to not increase the licence fee is ridiculous. Where is the vision and leadership from the ACU to do something about this situation? By not increasing it they have effectively 'DE-CREASED' the money available due to inflationary effects so there will be less in the pot next year than there was this year. I ride for fun but for some of the best youth riders in the country, it could be their livelihood in the future!

In my opinion, the whole thing stinks and needs sorting. So I say to the ACU, get it sorted and put up the cost then do something good with the money!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole idea of it was to get everyone to have one, remember that if you have no licence you have no insurance. At one point I would suggest that less than 1/2 the people riding actually had licences when you had to pay a more substanstial amount for them. We pay the ACU a top up fee everytime we ride,

The whole idea of it was to get everyone to have one, remember that if you have no licence you have no insurance. At one point I would suggest that less than 1/2 the people riding actually had licences when you had to pay a more substanstial amount for them. We pay the ACU a top up fee everytime we ride,
Edited by AtomAnt

AtomAnt amuses me a little.

Lack of ACU vision?

He is a Club Secretary - but talks about ACU licence - no such thing for Trials - the revenue is raised through a levy system - those who ride most pay most.

He talks about Health & Safety - and no licence no ride ?

Total nonscence - H & S has absolutely nothing to do with licence, affiliation or Trials levy - never has had - never will have.

So sure - we need this sort of vision like a hole in the head - if AtomAnt has the slightest inkling of where our money is actually spent or what percentage already goes to support of young riders - perhaps he will inform us

But please please no secondhand opinions about travelling the continent in a large lorry.

Trials the poor mans motor sport, should the poor man pay more extra fees for one or two who may or may not make it ?.

Was trials ever intended for anything other than a good days sport.

Why did Octogon pull out? I think because there is no return on investment in this game, loads of posts on other topics about getting more sponsorship and $$$$ into motorcycle trials, well the reality of it is! the majority of the worlds population don't care two hoots about trials, will not spend $$ to/or go see it, even when free.

Trials was a lot stronger in the past when many more could compete at top level needing a lot less to be able to do so, the beer pocket industry can't sustain the champaign taste of the top few, is the answer to milk the beer pocket for more?.

The few sponsors that do inject what they can into trials are within the industry in one way or another, I think the best way to increase sponsorship is to increase participation at club level, to increase sales.

I would like trials to return to a sensible level that it can sustain, not subsidize the few at the top who are taking the majority of what little there is.

I know I have posted an harsh reply, and it will not go down too well with some, but why is it the low man on the totem pole has to come up with the funds to help a few who are taking the sport further away from them, and once milked to extinction will drop it like an hot rock.

Edited by ishy

Lack of ACU vision?

He is a Club Secretary - but talks about ACU licence - no such thing for Trials - the revenue is raised through a levy system - those who ride most pay most.

He talks about Health & Safety - and no licence no ride ?

Total nonscence - H & S has absolutely nothing to do with licence, affiliation or Trials levy - never has had - never will have.

So sure - we need this sort of vision like a hole in the head - if AtomAnt has the slightest inkling of where our money is actually spent or what percentage already goes to support of young riders - perhaps he will inform us

Well said there John, one of the reason I do trials is because its a cheap form of motorsport, it's about the only thing I can afford to do with a growing family etc..... the last thing I need is some **** like AA harping on about it's too cheap and the ACU should double the licence fee B)

:santawink:

Edited by Marky G

crikey i have 3 lads doing trials at schoolboy level all on gassers that need a lot of maintainence + travelling + entry fees also 3 ymsa licences etc. etc the last thing we need is a double in a acu license fee. Alright i should have kept the old fella under control and only had one lad but thats history now.

surely the revenue raised by the acu and the trials idustry as a whole could arrange for a collective pot of dosh to help and promote the selected rising stars to realise their potential.

Edited by pandelboy

One of the beauties of trials for me is the availablity of local events on a regular basis.

I can ride 40 events a year without travelling more than 30 to 50 miles max. That is because there are a lot of events. This is made possible due to the fact that there are a lot of riders.

Make trials more expensive and you scare away the riders and there becomes less events which makes travelling more expensive. A vicious circle.

hi,

i am new to trials, a complete novice,

one of the apealing factors was that it is a "relativley",

cheap sport to get involved in, yet in contrast it is very, exciting, popular,and competitions are readily available without having to travel far,

obviously i can understand the point of paying subscriptions to join a club or two, and getting access to practice grounds, this is in my opinion money well spent, and great value, especially compared to a lot of other sport,s and interest,s,

but what i i dont know, yet would like to know is what do i get for paying my money to the a c u, what are the benefits to me as an individual, what do i get for my money, and where does the money go ?

mart

Trials the poor mans motor sport, should the poor man pay more extra fees for one or two who may or may not make it ?.

Was trials ever intended for anything other than a good days sport.

Why did Octogon pull out? I think because there is no return on investment in this game, loads of posts on other topics about getting more sponsorship and $$$$ into motorcycle trials, well the reality of it is! the majority of the worlds population don't care two hoots about trials, will not spend $$ to/or go see it, even when free.

Trials was a lot stronger in the past when many more could compete at top level needing a lot less to be able to do so, the beer pocket industry can't sustain the champaign taste of the top few, is the answer to milk the beer pocket for more?.

Lack of  ACU vision?

John , feel free to let me know what the ACU's youth development policy has been for the last 5 years and what the ACU plans to do for next 5 years please, so I may be in a position to give a more balanced objective view to my statement.

Thanks