Acu Licence Fee Too Cheap

atomant

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's enough trials on at the moment to go around, Mid Wales and Midland centre are always clashing (this weekend: MKT Drayton and Clive!).

And how much do you pay the organiser to put them on for you? We all do it in our own time for other peoples enjoyment and all the funds are put back into trophies etc.

Whats that got to do with anything Ian ? you just cant hack it that no one want to come on board with your ideas

Why should I pay for Ross Danby to jet off around the world ?

You dont.

Seems that way to me!.......... eh good luck to the lad and anyone else for that matter but the fact of the matter is Ross (and quite a few other youth riders) don't seem to be doing that bad last time I looked (judging by the size of the vans they drive!)a new bike every year (or sooner) etc etc.

RD's website is great mate and I'm sure you've drummed uo enough hits on it by talking about lately..but don't you think it's time you give it a rest..

John - once again, I must thank you for taking the time to respond. You not only do so regularly, but do so at length. I know for a fact that your responses are appreciated by many on this site. You don't just enter the lions den here - you firmly shove your head between it's jaws! :santa1:

Thanks for that update John. I certainly would like to get more info on the workings of the ACU and its future with Trials so if you could point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated B)

Basically however - a sum of money – and this is approx 10k is allocated to Youth training.
Marky G - sell the bike and move abroad!! you are already paying for the youth!!! LMAO

Seriously, 10k is nothing to be sneezed at and is very welcome. :santawink:

please tell me..

At what age do the youth riders have to move out of the academy training ?

At what age do the Girl riders have to move out of the academy training ?

Should there be a cut off age limit, so that the time and money could be spent further down the line on those who have a real chance of a bright future in the sport? for example from youth B to last year in youth A :hat:

I think it's more than apparent that AtomAnt has a great passion for supporting Youths in Trials. However, it's not just Ross and it's not just Youths, but Trials in general. From his Excel Results spreadsheet to the Breidden Hills website to the many hundreds of hours he's put in working away behind the scenes on this site (which will become apparent soon enough) the man works tirelessly for the sport - and all without a penny in reward. We could be done with more like him.

I know for a fact that if I said next week that this site was going subscription based and it would cost you a measly tenner a year (or 19.2p a week) for full access with all proceeds going to develop the sport, 99% of you would walk away. That, unfortunately, is Trials.

Andy very well said. Ian (AtomAnt) has only recently returned to the trials scene like myself after many years building up our own sucessfull businesses and families and the guy is so dedicated and passionate it is unreal ! His input is incredable and, like myself we see the future in the kids. We ride on a weekly basis with probably 30-40 of the nicest kids you could wish to meet. To see their riding improve week in week out is a pleasure.

As for money what the heck is the problem with you guys. You spend circa

Andy very well said. Ian (AtomAnt) has only recently returned to the trials scene like myself after many years building up our own sucessfull businesses and families and the guy is so dedicated and passionate it is unreal ! His input is incredable and, like myself we see the future in the kids. We ride on a weekly basis with probably 30-40 of the nicest kids you could wish to meet. To see their riding improve week in week out is a pleasure.

As for money what the heck is the problem with you guys. You spend circa

Edited by PERCE