Jetting Tables (07 TXT Pro 250 / 26mm Dellorto)

miner

As above... do such beasts exist? Any good jetting guides for them? Anything different to set up for trials engine vs an enduro motor (no PV or spanny)?

Spoiled with years of KTMs and their excellent jetting tables, selection of spare jets in the box... this is my first trials bike / GG. Out playing yesterday and it was quite a bit cooler than when I’ve been riding before (good 10’C or more), bike sounds a lot crisper but couldn't quite suss out if it was running lean or not. Felt maybe a little flat, thought it was running a little bit hotter... but wasn’t sure if it was just colder and I was noticing the heat more. 

Let me know about the above... flying home tonight and need to order chain sliders over next few days, so will order some jets (forgot to be honest!). 

Attached the jetting details from when I stripped the carb last time to clean it....

71C94C5C-5B41-42E4-B6AB-6A2203B6272D.jpeg

13 minutes ago, lineaway said:

The main jet is round, slotted for a flat blade on the end of the nozzle/needle jet depending on which decade you learned carb parts.

Aye figured that, merry Christmas!??☺️

Same as my other Keihin PWK shod KTMs. Shame it’s not a 28mm Keihin carb... the jets are all the same. ?

On 27/12/2017 at 0:39 PM, oni nou said:

https://youtu.be/BnzPOvXPZmw this is why its best to stay away from carb tuning.

Makes it look very complicated... follow the jetting tables, tune by feel  and stay on the safe side if you’re not sure. If you run the same jetting at 40’C as you do for 20’C and below, especially on sandy surfaces, you’ll run too lean. Temperature swings a lot here. 

3 hours ago, oni nou said:

Sounds like you could do with a spare carb that has jetting for a 20C and the other is set up for 40C if it causes major problems for you so you can just do a swap as needed.

You only need to swap the pilot for low down and needle and main jet for mid/high. The rest is pretty fixed. ?

On 12/25/2017 at 10:15 PM, lineaway said:

The main jet is round, slotted for a flat blade on the end of the nozzle/needle jet depending on which decade you learned carb parts.

Hadn't twigged until I watched the jim snell video on the 26mm Dellorto carb... then GG-UK yesterday told me it was the mixer jet... never knew such beasts existed, just thought it was a quick of the weird little carb on the GG.  Think I was sober when i stripped it the first time.... :wacko::D