Betor & Telesco forks

trialsrfun

My Bultacos and OSSAs have Betor forks. The brand is stamped into them. I can't remember what is marked on Montesa forks apart from the big M. They are similar to but different to Betors on the inside.

Montesas had Telesco shocks while OSSA and Bultaco had Betor shocks.

What prompted you to wonder about this? The Spanish bike brands had lots of parts made by external contractors. I learned today that a Bulto company made the Mahle branded pistons used in Bultacos under licence in Spain (and a very nice job they made of them too). The handlebars for Bultacos were made by another company, as were the frames and probably lots of other parts (a lot like nowadays where the parts for a new trials bike are made by a myriad of suppliers). In the case of the Spanish brands in the 60s, 70s and 80s, there were import limitations imposed by the government so most (all?) of the components had to be made in Spain. Today's bikes come together from all over the world.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, feetupfun said:

My Bultacos and OSSAs have Betor forks. The brand is stamped into them. I can't remember what is marked on Montesa forks apart from the big M. They are similar to but different to Betors on the inside.

Montesas had Telesco shocks while OSSA and Bultaco had Betor shocks.

What prompted you to wonder about this? The Spanish bike brands had lots of parts made by external contractors. I learned today that a Bulto company made the Mahle branded pistons used in Bultacos under licence in Spain (and a very nice job they made of them too). The handlebars for Bultacos were made by another company, as were the frames and probably lots of other parts (a lot like nowadays where the parts for a new trials bike are made by a myriad of suppliers). In the case of the Spanish brands in the 60s, 70s and 80s, there were import limitations imposed by the government so most (all?) of the components had to be made in Spain. Today's bikes come together from all over the world.

A conversation with a friend about shock absorbers raised the fork question. My Bulto has Betor markings on its forks but unsure if those on the OSSA TR77 are Betor.

Grippers were fitted with both Telesco and Betor, I think it was the early 250 that had the Telesco. All MAR and Green bikes had Betor

Bultaco are all Betor

Montesa usually Telesco, later 80s models looked similar to Marzocchi but I think they were still made by Telesco

• Like 3