CMA. Dead Man Walking?

canadaler

I ride a blue bike but was never dealer only just a rider and enthusiast. Riding the Nationals last year was my first time riding trials out side of the Maritimes. Which club are you riding at?

31 minutes ago, michael_t said:

I ride a blue bike but was never dealer only just a rider and enthusiast. Riding the Nationals last year was my first time riding trials out side of the Maritimes. Which club are you riding at?

Arden Ontario  

EOTA (Eastern Ontario Trials Association)

Edited by lemur

Does that fall under the ATA ? or is it a separate entity (It doesn't seem to come up on google or facebook) ?

I am not sure if you follow the Canadian Trials Initiative on facebook but am happy to email you the weekly updates if you are interested. Neil gets them for the ATA. 

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, michael_t said:

Does that fall under the ATA ?

Only when I elected to make it that way.  It cost money annually to sanction a club and ATA is one of the clubs I have supported.  Only made sense for us to operate under the ATA banner during covid and not sanction the EOTA until he host our next national.  

This place 

Edited by lemur
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This years CMA National is Still a best kept secret, although rumour has it an event is slated somewhere on the Vancouver Island in the late fall.  Wish I had known this is how it is going to be earlier and I would have booked my July 20&21 as a national, too late now.

I'm going to say it right now that I'm hosting a CMA National competition in 2025 and it will be some time after bug season but before school starts so people can actually plan to travel, attend and participate.   

You want to know what CMA really is to trials riders and to the people that actually make events happen, CMA is just another obstacle.  They don't even broker insurance any more, they sell competition licenses. 

CMA Tips and tricks:  Buy your competition license well in advance and save a few bucks.  Pre-register for events in time and save a few bucks.  If you hold a competition license for 25 consecutive years you qualify to become a life member and your competitor license will be half the price from that time forward and you can save a few bucks. Never send them any more money then you need to.  Never ask CMA anything ever, just tell them how it is going to be.  That's how to deal with CMA.

The Nationals will be November 8-9, 2024, at the Victoria Motorcycle Club property, in Victoria, BC

In addition, we are working with the NATC to combine the Canadian Nationals with the the Donner CA Nationals on July 27th/28th as the North American FIM Championship.

Would be great if the CMA could get the 2025 event sorted earlier - I believe Derek has offered to host it as well always great to have choices.

The "Canadian Trials Initiative" is a handy spot to keep up to date with things.

11 hours ago, michael_t said:

The Nationals will be November 8-9, 2024, at the Victoria Motorcycle Club property, in Victoria, BC

In addition, we are working with the NATC to combine the Canadian Nationals with the the Donner CA Nationals on July 27th/28th as the North American FIM Championship.

Would be great if the CMA could get the 2025 event sorted earlier - I believe Derek has offered to host it as well always great to have choices.

The "Canadian Trials Initiative" is a handy spot to keep up to date with things.

I don't generally step up to host a national unless nobody else is doing one.  Best luck with your Victoria B.C. event, wish I could afford the travel time and several thousands of $ it would cost me to ride it.   Hopefully you will see sufficient attendance to substantiate all of the rider classes, very much unlike the last Saskatchewan national where rider participation was pathetic. 

If the Canadian Trials Initiative was to drop coin to create a CMA sanctioned club in support of a national race series and provide all the things we would require to host events, sign me up.  If it's just another obstacle to scheduling, insuring, marshalling and processing the events well 🤨 darn