Advice on changing fork seals on my 07 beta rev 3

shakeystarter

Hi i was wondering if anyone can advise me how to go about replacing the fork seals on my beta im normally quite handy with maintaining my bikes but have never changed fork seals before i have a vague idea how to do it and have found a couple of things on the internet which are quite helpful but i just thought id ask on here first before i tackle the job .

• 1 year later...

Oni nou can you please enclose a link to the video you have uploaded about the forks? Are you referring to this one? 

BTW I have measured the dia of the tubes and I found that 1½" plastic waste pipe will be a good tool for fitting the seals.

I have just replaced the seals & oil on my forks. Since the spring clips between the seal and dust cover are quite rusty I want to replace them as well. However, it seems impossible to source them from anywhere (unknown spare part number topping it up).  In the worst case scenario I think they could be made from a steel wire and bend it according to the original. Any suggestion what would be the best material (hard or half hard, diameter, coated etc.) or just a internal circular clip will do? Has anyone done this before?