06 Gasgas

jools

:hat: My mates '05 250 pro had very 'sticky' suspension when it was brand new..making it very lively .After letting a few fat lads take their turn on it ( big drop offs were best)it quickly settled down.

So there you have it... get eating! :hat:

Need me to try a few drop offs Gasserboy? :D

Give me a shout if that shiny thing needs a proper testing ;)

Hmmm im not sure BS those gasser aint that strong! :madsanta:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My 06 300 is fine now, had all sorts of bother with it when I got it. Piston too tight in barrel etc etc.

I was the same as you, couldnt ride it. Eventually tried pushing the forks further up into the yokes by about 4mm ish and fitted some renthal fat bars. Put a 12 tooth sproket on the front. Bikes now mint.

:blink: god: you're not alone with the piston problem.. I don't want to say much cos my mate has to sell his bike but his 06 300 nipped up twice in a matter of hours.

It all got to the legal/threats stage before GG agreed that the piston was too big for the barrel so yours was not just a one off :D

Edited by HAM2

oooohhh :D this piston business dont sound good, done a bit of work on mine now. Changed gearing to an 11-42 slowed it down a bit. I really like it! Had no problems running it in! I did hear about a 280 06 nipping up and cusing damage! :blink: I wont be happy if mine does!

Edited by gasserboy

I heard about the piston nipping up on them before i went out and bought mine. The engine was extremely tight on it and took about 12hrs to run in and running it on 100ml of oil before it really losened up. All the previous ones i had took about 2 tanks (6hrs) to run in.

God: lowered my forks 5mm and didnt feel any different. Thanks for the advice though.

Gasserboy: Mine came with 11-42 gearing as standard - yours didnt :D

perhaps you should run your bike on more oil for a bit yet?