Cota, 248, 1981. Carb / Air Box

dr nosh

Anyone mastered the art of assembling the carburettor to the air filter box along with the rubber adaptor to the barrel and the 2nd rubber adaptor to the air box?

I'm still trying.

Also, found so far, Why is the carb drain plug actually touching the top of the crankcase? Is it meant to do this? Doesn't seem quite right to me.

I've got a 348 (which is pretty much the same in that area). I usually fit the airbox last.

Fit cylinder connector to cylinder, fit carby to cylinder connector, fit airbox connector to airbox, fit airbox

Thanks FeetUpFun.

Thats pretty much how I found the sequence in the end. (I started off with the airbox in position, all looked a bit of a tight squeeze.

With the carb fitted and vertical the brass nut under the float bowl is touching the top of the crankcase. In fact I can only just get it vertical. That does not seem quite right to me. Should there be a gap here?

Can you take a photograph of yours?

22 minutes ago, dr nosh said:

With the carb fitted and vertical the brass nut under the float bowl is touching the top of the crankcase. In fact I can only just get it vertical. That does not seem quite right to me. Should there be a gap here?

Can you take a photograph of yours?

They're all like that Sir.  Spanish engineering.