Junor Kickstart

jhsracing

Peter Purvis hosted of the series and i seem to remember White Rabbit productions produced it. The film tapes back in the 80's were very expensive and it was common for the film to be over written with any new material, so like andy say's its 50/50 you'll get the series. I did speak with Peter Purvis about the series and he gave me a contact name and address, I think his name was John. The bad news was my computer died and i lost this info. It didn't wnat chase Peter because he had already been very helpful. Peter did mention that the production company could/may have a copy of the series but it would not be on VHS or DVD (original tape). My best advice is contact Peter, he does have a website and this is how I made contact. That's it for me and good luck with your investigations.

PS: be very polite when contacting peter - I know others perople have cheesed him off with their demanding information, he told me.

Edited by spud

PS: be very polite when contacting peter - I know others have any they cheesed him off with their demanding information.

I contacted Peter via his website in June to point him in the direction of a topic on these forums regarding Kickstart that I thought he might be interested in (I hoped I could persuade him to participate to be honest!) I was amazed to get a reply direct from him saying he'd update his website to point to the thread. I didn't expect him to and never followed it up. I've just checked and he really did. Check out the and an interesting discussion thread link.

I want a Blue Peter badge for that! :D

BTW, producing a DVD/Video has been looked into and the BBC have the rights to Kickstart and will not release them.

at the risk of being mobbed,i've got a few early kickstart s on video ,don't know what condition there in,and the bad news there on betamax,looked at getting them put onto dvd but it is quite expensive and im not sure what condition they will be in,went to the first kickstart in 76 at donnington park,presented by dave lee travis,from memory rathmell,lampkin ,alan wright,thorpey were riding but i was only 6 at the time so i may be wrong.