Suspension

jsp

7 hours ago, jsp said:

whats it like getting the rear shock off the bike

Not that difficult. The rocker arm needs to be removed and of course the top shock bolt (under the ECU). Removing both triangles (left and right) makes it all a bit easier.
Last time reassembling I mounted the triangles with the swingarm sleeves and bolts, but without the swingarm, to line-out the bolts for the swingarm (does that make sense?)

By doing so it makes fitting the swingarm sleeves and bolts a lot less fiddly. 

1 hour ago, tcrhino said:

Last time reassembling I mounted the triangles with the swingarm sleeves and bolts, but without the swingarm, to line-out the bolts for the swingarm (does that make sense?)

By doing so it makes fitting the swingarm sleeves and bolts a lot less fiddly. 

That’s a good shout! I recently stripped mine down and although I didn’t remove the triangles, I did loosen them to make fitting the rocker easier. Trying to fit the swing arm after tightening them was a nightmare. Loosening them back off helped but your method will definitely be used next time :) 

The shocker can actually be removed without removing the rocker on my bike but that’s the 17 Camo with the early geometry.