2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro rear wheel tubeless or tube?

thesaint

On my the rear tire on my 2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro the air leaks out within 14 hours or less.

Looking at the parts list i can tell that there is a tube in the front wheel but it does not say if there is a tube in the rear wheel? 

Any here knows if the bike came with a tube or not? 

24.09.18. Kjøpt GasGas TXT 125 Pro. Pic 6.JPG

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

On my the rear tire on my 2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro the air leaks out within 14 hours or less.

Looking at the parts list i can tell that there is a tube in the front wheel but it does not say if there is a tube in the rear wheel? 

Any here knows if the bike came with a tube or not? 

24.09.18. Kjøpt GasGas TXT 125 Pro. Pic 6.JPG

That is normal but can be sorted so that it leaks air  much slower or if your lucky not at all for a while....... it is a well known problem with all those type of rims........Clic on this  https://youtu.be/k290LeBasws

There are a few ways to ensure a good seal  such as using sika flex or tiger seal around the edges of the sealing band where it meets the rim or use a heavy duty sealant around the spoke nipples and the hole in them where the spoke screws in ......but of course all these methods of sealing create difficulties if you want to tighten any spokes.

Edited by oni nou

You will know if it’s tubless as the valve will be a sealed fit to the rim. Fit a tube and the problem goes away! Or as oni nou suggests seal everything up but you can get a tyre sealant that you paint on to the tyre bead or/ and rim. This product is used by the car trade when an alloy rim and tyre bead leak air out, the tyre is deflated and the bead pushed away from the rim and the sealant is applied by brush. The tyre is then forced back onto the rim by compressed air and the sealant goes off after a few minutes sealing the bead to the rim. The main reason your tubeless tyre loses air is the pressure is too low to maintain enough force to keep the bead against the rim. When not in use pump the tyre up to 30 psi and leave overnight, re check pressure in the morning and see if it’s lost any pressure,this should all be done with cold tyres. Now you simply have to remember to let the pressure out to your favoured riding pressure. The whole reason for going tubeless apart from a marginal weight saving ( the tube) is to prevent the tube from being trapped or pinched when the tyre is pushed against the wheel rim and puncturing, tubeless prevents this but presents other issues namely one talked about above. Tubeless also allows for quicker puncture repair but that’s about it. Nasty rumour going around that 2020 bikes will have marvel of marvels....tubed tyres or even no air in the tyre at all just a type of indestructible compressible mousse.?

Edited by section swept